Procedures for Parents and Gymnasts
Noadswood School have kindly agreed for WGC to return to using the gym. In order for the club to continue we must all abide by the strict school grounds agreement.
Please take the time to read this, alongside the COVID-19 risk assessment to ensure that you and your child are fully aware of the new procedures and regulations in place at Waterside Gymnastics Club.
Please note, this document may be updated at any time in accordance with Government Guidelines.
Gymnasts and Parents/Guardians must have read, understood and agree to adhere to these rules before they return to Waterside Gymnastics Club. Anyone choosing not to adhere to the rules may be removed from training.
Entry to the Gym
- ALL GYMNASTS OVER 16, COACHES, VOLUNTEERS and PARENTS SHOULD scan the NHS barcode every time the gym is entered. for contact tracing as per Government guidance. This is displayed at the gym entrance.
- It is important that your child arrives on time. Your child may not be allowed to enter if they arrive more than 10 minutes after the start time.
- Gymnasts and parents (gymnast must be accompanied by one adult if under 14) to wait under the covered area remembering the 2m social distance guidelines.
- Gymnasts ONLY to line up by main door/enter the building when requested by the coach.
- Temperature to be taken prior to entering the building.
- Hands must be sanitised on entry.
- No parents to come to the door or enter the building. If you need to speak to the coach please email them. There is currently a no viewing policy.
- Parents MUST then leave the site promptly.
For Saturday minis sessions 1 and 2 only:
Gymnast to be accompanied around the gym by a parent, following coach/junior instructions. The club requests that where possible the adult remains the same for each session during this term.
Adult must have their temperature taken and sanitise hands on entry and wear a mask at all times.
Adult must provide details for contact tracing so must provide written confirmation of name, gymnast’s name, contact number, date and session time on entry or scan the QR code. The parent must agree to this information being held by the club, in accordance with the GDPR policy.
Whilst in the Gym
- Gymnasts are requested to use the toilet prior to travelling to the club to avoid use of the facility toilets, where possible. Toilets will be sprayed and wiped down immediately after use, should anyone need to use the them.
- Changing rooms will not be in use.
- All gymnasts must bring a bag to store all personal belongings including coats and shoes. Bags will be stored by the mirror in the gym.
- Named water bottles must be brought in to the gym each session and MUST be taken home at the end of the session.
- There will be no lost property collection at this time, all items left will be disposed of
- All requested items e.g. handguards must be in a small bag to accompany the gymnast in the gym.
- Gymnasts will be placed in bubbles which will remain the same for the duration of the autumn term.
- Everyone in the gym must follow the 2m social distancing guidelines at all times, assistance e.g. floor spots will be given.
- Hands must be sanitised before moving to the next rotation of equipment and prior to each turn on the vault, tumbling etc.
- Gymnasts must refrain from touching, swinging or sitting on any equipment that they have not been instructed to use by their coach.
- Cleaning of each station will occur after each group’s use and before they move to another piece. Older gymnasts may be asked to assist with sanitising equipment between rotations.
- Coaches will not be able to physically support gymnasts unless in an emergency situation including first aid.
Exit From the Gym
- Gymnasts will exit via the side fire exit (Gymnasts under 14 must be collected by a parent/ adult). Parents please remember the 2m social distancing guidelines when waiting to collect your child.
- Gymnasts will be encouraged to sanitise their hands on exit.
- Parents/gymnasts are requested to then leave the site promptly.
- It is important that your child is collected on time.
- If the gymnast or anyone in their household is showing symptoms of COVID-19, they must not attend any further training, must notify their coach and follow appropriate government guidance.
- If your child tests positive for COVID-19, the club must be notified immediately using the following email address: email@example.com.